Software Engineer, Web
KERV Interactive is currently looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX.
As a Software Engineer at KERV Interactive, you will be building features to innovate our web platform and interactive distributables. This engineer will develop our full stack, including Node.js applications that are used to manage and distribute video creatives, a richly interactive video ad unit that loads dynamic product data, a data collection system and reporting pipeline, along with the AWS infrastructure that supports it all. Successful candidates are engineers who are not only excellent code writers, but also self managing team players who operate well on remote, agile teams. Previous experience working on SaaS products, interactive, video, or rich-media advertising technologies are a huge plus. This position requires excellent communication skills to effectively work with management and team members.
This position is primarily remote/work from home, with occasional team meetings in Austin, TX.
Technologies We Use:
- Write excellent code that is simple to test, understand and maintain
- Solve real problems through software and provide stable solutions consistently
- Participate in team code reviews, sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Develop a culture of quality within the engineering team
- Participate in sprint planning, ensuring that realistic plans are set forth and delivered
- Effective communication within engineering team and with other non-technical teams
- Have the discipline to shift between establishing new features and maintaining legacy features based on the needs of the business
- Recommend adoption of tools and process to improve our culture and results
- 2+ years of professional experience developing web-based applications
- Strong experience with both front-end and backend development
- Previous experience with at least one Node.js application
- Strong academic background in software engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience working with video, such as transcoding or video playback
- Background in math and 2D or 3D graphics programming
- Digital advertising experience, specifically with video advertising technologies
- Experience developing an enterprise or SaaS product
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Experience with data processing, ETLs and data warehousing
What we look for:
- Driven by desire to create beautiful, stable software products
- Ability to research and solve complex problems
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communicator
About KERV Interactive:
KERV’s interactive video platform and AI/ML driven technology generates the most precise metadata that is used to create the most powerful user experiences for both brands and audiences through transformative and seamless commerce. KERV’s patented technology drives deeper user engagement, enhances performance and increases time‑spent with your brand.
Complete the form below and someone from our team will be in touch shortly!