KERV Interactive is currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be developing our deployment and environment management processes, enabling us to rapidly innovate our software this year. This engineer will become the resident expert on our full infrastructure. This includes deploying and managing a Node.js application that is used to manage and distribute video creatives, our patented image recognition system, and our data pipeline. Successful candidates are not only excellent sys admins, but also have proven skills in automation and data management. Previous experience working on SaaS products, machine learning, video processing, or advertising technologies are a huge plus. This position requires excellent communication skills to effectively work with management and team members.
Technologies We Use:
Node.js/React, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Docker, Git, Ansible, AWS
- Write Serverless scripts and Ansible playbooks to automate our deployment and environment management processes
- Create and maintain local development environments, as well as staging, qa and production remote environments
- Monitor live systems, solving outages and performance issues as needed
- Recommend architectural decisions based on business requirements, considering long-term and short-term needs
- Develop a culture of quality within the engineering team
- Participate in sprint planning, ensuring that realistic plans are set forth and delivered
- Communicate challenges and strategies to technical and non-technical team members – ability to effectively communicate with executives, operations and fellow developers.
- Have the discipline to shift between establishing new features and maintaining legacy features based on the needs of the business
- Recommend adoption of tools and process to improve our culture and results
- Fully document all work, educate team and participate in code reviews
- 2+ years of professional experience developing web-based application environments
- Proven professional experience with AWS
- Experience scaling applications and databases
- Strong understanding of redundancy and best practices around maximizing uptime
- Multiple examples of Node.js applications
- Experience developing systems that scale to handle high volumes of traffic
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Machine Learning, AI systems and/or big data
- Experience working with video, such as transcoding and hosting
- Experience with data processing, ETLs and data warehousing
- Digital advertising experience, specifically with video advertising technologies
- Experience developing an enterprise or SaaS product
- Previous experience in a startup environment
What we look for:
- Driven by desire to create beautiful, stable software products
- Ability to research and solve complex problems
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communicator
About KERV Interactive:
KERV’s interactive video platform and AI/ML driven technology generates the most precise metadata that is used to create the most powerful user experiences for both brands and audiences through transformative and seamless commerce. KERV’s patented technology drives deeper user engagement, enhances performance and increases time‑spent with your brand.
Complete the form below and someone from our team will be in touch shortly!